Additions in 1949, 1952, 1954, 1958 (primary unit) and 1972 (LRC)
In 1931, the city of Akron extended its western boundary to include Fairlawn School, once a part of Portage Township and named for the village of Fairlawn. This area can trace its "school" to the 1820s. The "new, modern building" constructed in 1929 contains, in its cornerstone, the names of the children and teachers of the school and a history of Portage Township.
Groundbreaking for new (Judith A. Resnik CLC) building on November 12, 2005; ribbon-cutting ceremony on December 16, 2006; classes started in new building on December 18, 2006